Meet the Team
John Durkee, P.E.
- Former SCDHEC employee/manager
- Over 25 years of NPDES Permitting Experience
- Wide range of industrial experience
- B.S. civil engineering (Clemson University) and M.E. civil and water resources engineering (U. of South Carolina)
Matt Goodrich, P.E.
- Over 20 years of experience in the planning, design, and permitting of a wide range of public and private projects in the Southeastern U.S. rivers, estuaries and coastal areas.
- Specialized expertise in evaluating project impacts to surface water quality, especially in impaired waters.
- Focus in computational modeling, including 1D/2D/3D hydrodynamics, water quality, waves, sediment transport and storm surge.
- B.S. civil engineering (Lehigh University) and M.S. coastal and oceanographic engineering (U. of Florida)
Jeff deBessonet, P.E.
- Former SCDHEC manager (30+ years)
- Extensive Clean Water Act/regulatory experience
- Wealth of water program knowledge and understanding about navigating regulatory processes
Kitty F. Ziober, M.S.
- Over 15 years of experience in environmental science as it relates to ecology, water quality, marine and estuarine science.
- Areas of specialization include surface water quality, environmental monitoring and assessment, impact evaluations, environmental permitting and regulatory compliance (e.g. NEPA), and numerical wave modeling.
- Range of experience includes environmental assessment, planning, and impact evaluations for marinas, waterfront development, port expansion, and navigation improvements.
Stephen Creighton, P.E.
- Over 6 years of experience in consulting, design, and construction of an array of public and private projects.
- Broad range of experience with the FEMA Flood Risk program including flood hazard modeling, mapping, field reconnaissance, and public outreach.
- Focus in coastal engineering, beach nourishment, data collection, erosion, and numerical wave modeling.
- B.S. civil engineering (U. of Florida) and M.S. coastal and oceanographic engineering (U. of Florida).