We need people who love working in the water environment to help us achieve our mission statement:
At WEC, we know how difficult it is to do any project that affects our lakes, rivers and coastlines because of the technical, environmental and regulatory hurdles.
Our scientists and engineers are committed to delivering successful projects, while protecting the waters we all need and enjoy
WEC wants to help our clients achieve their project goals while also protecting the environment. To accomplish this, we need future WEC team members that strive towards the following key characteristics:
- Trustworthy: trusted by our clients and stewards of the environment.
- Technical experts: solving complex and challenging problems.
- Self-motivated and driven: succeeding individually and as a team.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flex-time policy
- Flexible work locations, including home offices
- Business casual work environment
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Pathway to company ownership
WEC is actively looking for a senior-level engineer or scientist in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia or Florida to expand our practice. Potential candidates may have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Municipal and/or industrial wastewater and/or storm water permitting
- Water quality/quantity modeling, monitoring, planning (to support NPDES/MS4 permitting, TMDL reviews, and 5R restoration plans)
- Coastal engineering – FEMA flood mapping, coastal modeling, extreme wind & wave analyses, coastal erosion (beaches, etc.)
Job requirements include:
- Masters or Ph.D. (or Bachelors degree with commensurate experience) in a related practice area
- Advanced technical knowledge of a niche within the water resources field.
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Proven business development experience.
- Personable and maintains friendly relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Travel as necessary to meet the needs of the position.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Active participation in at least one professional society.
- Ability to communicate ideas, concepts and technical information to staff and clients in a professional manner.
- Excellent writing skills.
Send a resume and cover letter, in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for great talent. If you are interested in WEC, please send us your resume.