Every Property Deserves an Accurate Flood Map
Get Accurate Results
WEC’s professional coastal engineers are technical experts in the means and methods to provide accurate flood zone mapping.
Save Time & Money
Save on flood insurance premiums
Reduce permitting requirements
Lower construction costs.
Reduce Stress & Frustration
WEC engineers have a thorough understanding of the FEMA Risk MAP program and how to successfully request changes through LOMR and CLOMR applications.
We understand the expensive burden flood zones carry
and how difficult it is to change the FEMA maps.
Water Environment Consultants (WEC) delivers coastal engineering services to revise the flood zone designation so you can feel relieved by saving time and money.
support you need to feel confident your project will succeed.
What the plan is:
Request a Call
We’ll conduct a complimentary review of your property and the flooding conditions
We’ll customize a plan specific to your needs and present the options
a New Map
We’ll submit a detailed analysis and application for FEMA to revise the flood map for your property
• The approved LOMR removed a large portion of the site from the VE zone, allowing for more flexible site design, lower construction costs and lower flood insurance costs.
• The approved LOMR moved the VE zone boundary roughly 700ft seaward and reduced flood insurance premiums for over 50 homeowners.
• The approved LOMR removed the parcels from the VE zone, reducing the building code requirements and flood insurance premiums.
• WEC has completed many flood impact studies using both 1D and 2D wave models to support permitting requirements for development projects located in the FEMA flood zones.
• The successful rezoning will allow more flexible ground floor programming, and it will provide large flood insurance savings.
• WEC also completed the wave load and overtopping analysis to support the structural design of the wall.
What people are saying about us
”“Mr. Goodrich integrated seamlessly within the Corps team, and his participation in brainstorming and problem solving exercises was critical in overcoming challenging technical concepts. His expertise, professionalism and work ethic contributed greatly to the delivery of a quality project that met the aggressive timeline for completion. I would highly recommend Mr. Goodrich and Water Environment Consultants for other projects requiring environmental and water resources expertise.”Brian Williams, P.E.Assistant Chief of Programs and Project Management Division, US Army Corps of Engineers Charleston District
”“WEC’s assistance on the modeling project was critical to avoiding significant field data collection costs (as included in the permit) and negotiation with SCDHEC to obtain permit limits amenable to both parties. The project was executed under a tight time frame and was executed in a very professional manner. I would not hesitate to recommend Water Environment Consultants to others for projects requiring environmental and water resources consulting expertise.”Gary Alford, P. E.Chief Operating Officer, North Charleston Sewer District
”“WEC has provided a high level of service and has consistently met our high expectations. I particularly value WEC’s technical and regulatory expertise in approaching and addressing a wide range of issues with DHEC.”Brian Williams, P.E.Paul Calamita
Increase Your Flood Zone Savvy Today
We promise to keep your information private. We will send only a few follow-up emails, but feel free to opt-out at any time. 🙂