WEC has proven experience saving our clients millions of dollars in capital and operational costs, all while protecting water quality
WEC delivers specialized services to help your team with:
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Storm Water Quantity & Quality Analysis
- Surface Water Supply & Modeling
- TMDL Modeling & review
- Wastewater Facility Process Design & Construction Permitting
• The analyses quantified oxidation rates for both CBOD and NBOD of the river water and permitted Allendale Biomass’s effluent.
• WEC set up and calibrated a QUAL2E water quality model to evaluate the impacts of the plant’s discharge during critical conditions and showed the plant would not impair the receiving water’s dissolved oxygen concentrations.
• WEC worked with Anchroma and SCDHEC to negotiate an NPDES permit allows Archroma to leverage its treatment capacity for additional revenue.
• Services included review of existing permit limits and wasteload allocation, field measurements for bathymetry and current velocity, and CORMIX modeling for whole effluent toxicity.
• WEC used the CORMIX model to design a single-port diffuser resulting in favorable whole effluent toxicity limits and the EFDC model to ensure the discharge would not affect the dissolved oxygen within the river.
• WEC conducted depth and tidal current velocity measurements to set up and calibrate a model (EFDC and CORMIX) to simulate the discharge’s thermal mixing within the Cooper River.
• The results aided in evaluating an appropriate outfall diffuser location. Through open communication and a collaborative approach, WEC provided the preliminary design of the outfall diffuser and permitting support to increase mixing and reduce the thermal impacts.
What people are saying about us
”“Mr. Goodrich integrated seamlessly within the Corps team, and his participation in brainstorming and problem solving exercises was critical in overcoming challenging technical concepts. His expertise, professionalism and work ethic contributed greatly to the delivery of a quality project that met the aggressive timeline for completion. I would highly recommend Mr. Goodrich and Water Environment Consultants for other projects requiring environmental and water resources expertise.”Brian Williams, P.E.Assistant Chief of Programs and Project Management Division, US Army Corps of Engineers Charleston District
”“WEC’s assistance on the modeling project was critical to avoiding significant field data collection costs (as included in the permit) and negotiation with SCDHEC to obtain permit limits amenable to both parties. The project was executed under a tight time frame and was executed in a very professional manner. I would not hesitate to recommend Water Environment Consultants to others for projects requiring environmental and water resources consulting expertise.”Gary Alford, P. E.Former Chief Operating Officer, North Charleston Sewer District
”“WEC has provided a high level of service and has consistently met our high expectations. I particularly value WEC’s technical and regulatory expertise in approaching and addressing a wide range of issues with DHEC.”Paul CalamitaChainman, AquaLaw