WEC has proven experience saving our clients millions of dollars in capital and operational costs, all while protecting water quality
WEC delivers specialized services to help your team with:
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Storm Water Quantity & Quality Analysis
- Surface Water Supply & Modeling
- TMDL Modeling & review
- Wastewater Facility Process Design & Construction Permitting
• The analyses quantified oxidation rates for both CBOD and NBOD of the river water and permitted Allendale Biomass’s effluent.
• WEC set up and calibrated a QUAL2E water quality model to evaluate the impacts of the plant’s discharge during critical conditions and showed the plant would not impair the receiving water’s dissolved oxygen concentrations.
• WEC worked with Anchroma and SCDHEC to negotiate an NPDES permit allows Archroma to leverage its treatment capacity for additional revenue.
• Services included review of existing permit limits and wasteload allocation, field measurements for bathymetry and current velocity, and CORMIX modeling for whole effluent toxicity.
• WEC used the CORMIX model to design a single-port diffuser resulting in favorable whole effluent toxicity limits and the EFDC model to ensure the discharge would not affect the dissolved oxygen within the river.
• WEC conducted depth and tidal current velocity measurements to set up and calibrate a model (EFDC and CORMIX) to simulate the discharge’s thermal mixing within the Cooper River.
• The results aided in evaluating an appropriate outfall diffuser location. Through open communication and a collaborative approach, WEC provided the preliminary design of the outfall diffuser and permitting support to increase mixing and reduce the thermal impacts.