WEC has proven experience saving our clients millions of dollars in capital and operational costs, all while protecting water quality
WEC delivers specialized services to help your team with:
- Permitting support
- Environmental Impact Studies (EIS)
- Field monitoring of water levels, currents, waves & water quality
- Extreme wind & wave analyses
- Wave load calculations
- FEMA flood map revisions (LOMA, LOMR & LOMC)
- Sediment quality evaluations
- Sedimentation studies
- Hydraulic, hydrodynamic & water quality modeling
- Hurricane hazard resiliency planning support
- Hurricane storm surge modeling & flood hazard mapping
• The study incorporated extensive field measurements for tidal currents and vessel wave heights. WEC used the 2D SWAN model to establish extreme wave conditions at the site for a variety of storm scenarios and return periods. The project also included an assessment of sedimentation rates at the proposed dock facility to estimate future dredge maintenance needs.
• The study defined storm surge, wind, and wave conditions for various return periods to develop appropriate performance and survivability design criteria.
• Services included numerical modeling with a 3D application of the EFDC model to assess hydrodynamics, sedimentation, and water quality effects of the proposed deepening. The results were incorporated into the Feasibility Study and Environmental Impact Statement and saved on the order of $100M in mitigation costs.
• The project, which included 20 terminals in total, required careful consideration of environmental effects, water quality standards, and fishery resources. WEC conducted Tier I Sediment Quality Evaluations, an Essential Fish Habitat Assessment and Biological Assessment, and evaluated water quality effects in support of the permit applications.