WEC has proven experience saving our clients millions of dollars in capital and operational costs, all while protecting water quality
WEC delivers specialized services to help your team with:
- Permitting support
- Environmental Impact Studies (EIS)
- Field monitoring of water levels, currents, waves & water quality
- Extreme wind & wave analyses
- Wave load calculations
- FEMA flood map revisions (LOMA, LOMR & LOMC)
- Sediment quality evaluations
- Sedimentation studies
- Hydraulic, hydrodynamic & water quality modeling
- Hurricane hazard resiliency planning support
- Hurricane storm surge modeling & flood hazard mapping
• The study incorporated extensive field measurements for tidal currents and vessel wave heights. WEC used the 2D SWAN model to establish extreme wave conditions at the site for a variety of storm scenarios and return periods. The project also included an assessment of sedimentation rates at the proposed dock facility to estimate future dredge maintenance needs.
• The study defined storm surge, wind, and wave conditions for various return periods to develop appropriate performance and survivability design criteria.
• Services included numerical modeling with a 3D application of the EFDC model to assess hydrodynamics, sedimentation, and water quality effects of the proposed deepening. The results were incorporated into the Feasibility Study and Environmental Impact Statement and saved on the order of $100M in mitigation costs.
• The project, which included 20 terminals in total, required careful consideration of environmental effects, water quality standards, and fishery resources. WEC conducted Tier I Sediment Quality Evaluations, an Essential Fish Habitat Assessment and Biological Assessment, and evaluated water quality effects in support of the permit applications.
What people are saying about us
”“WEC’s assistance on the modeling project was critical to avoiding significant field data collection costs (as included in the permit) and negotiation with SCDHEC to obtain permit limits amenable to both parties. The project was executed under a tight time frame and was executed in a very professional manner. I would not hesitate to recommend Water Environment Consultants to others for projects requiring environmental and water resources consulting expertise.”Gary Alford, P. E.Former Chief Operating Officer, North Charleston Sewer District
”“Mr. Goodrich integrated seamlessly within the Corps team, and his participation in brainstorming and problem solving exercises was critical in overcoming challenging technical concepts. His expertise, professionalism and work ethic contributed greatly to the delivery of a quality project that met the aggressive timeline for completion. I would highly recommend Mr. Goodrich and Water Environment Consultants for other projects requiring environmental and water resources expertise.”Brian Williams, P.E.Assistant Chief of Programs and Project Management Division, US Army Corps of Engineers Charleston District
”“WEC has provided a high level of service and has consistently met our high expectations. I particularly value WEC’s technical and regulatory expertise in approaching and addressing a wide range of issues with DHEC.”Paul CalamitaChainman, AquaLaw