WEC has proven experience saving our clients millions of dollars in capital and operational costs, all while protecting water quality
WEC delivers specialized services to help your team with:
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Storm Water Quantity & Quality Analysis
- Surface Water Supply & Modeling
- TMDL Modeling & review
- Wastewater Facility Process Design & Construction Permitting
• Services included numerical modeling through the CORMIX and EFDC models and NPDES and construction permitting support. The project required close coordination with the design firms (Fluor) to lower the treatment system cost and expedite permitting process.
• Project including field measurements for bathymetry and current velocities as well as CORMIX modeling, resulting in temperature limits for a long-term operational cost savings for the plant.
• Services included measurements of in-stream velocity, bathymetry, and temperature and development of an EFDC numerical model to evaluate localized mixing within the lake. WEC provided recommendation for future NPDES limitations and reduced the biological assessment requirements performed for 316(b) compliance.
• Project included field measurements for bathymetry and current velocities, numerical modeling with EFDC, and permitting support.
• WEC used the CORMIX model and revised flow to establish whole effluent toxicity limits and recommendation for a multiport diffuser system to improve mixing.