WEC has proven experience saving our clients millions of dollars in capital and operational costs, all while protecting water quality
WEC delivers specialized services to help your team with:
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Storm Water Quantity & Quality Analysis
- Surface Water Supply & Modeling
- TMDL Modeling & review
- Wastewater Facility Process Design & Construction Permitting
• Services included numerical modeling through the CORMIX and EFDC models and NPDES and construction permitting support. The project required close coordination with the design firms (Fluor) to lower the treatment system cost and expedite permitting process.
• Project including field measurements for bathymetry and current velocities as well as CORMIX modeling, resulting in temperature limits for a long-term operational cost savings for the plant.
• Services included measurements of in-stream velocity, bathymetry, and temperature and development of an EFDC numerical model to evaluate localized mixing within the lake. WEC provided recommendation for future NPDES limitations and reduced the biological assessment requirements performed for 316(b) compliance.
• Project included field measurements for bathymetry and current velocities, numerical modeling with EFDC, and permitting support.
• WEC used the CORMIX model and revised flow to establish whole effluent toxicity limits and recommendation for a multiport diffuser system to improve mixing.
What people are saying about us
”“WEC has provided a high level of service and has consistently met our high expectations. I particularly value WEC’s technical and regulatory expertise in approaching and addressing a wide range of issues with DHEC.”Paul CalamitaChainman, AquaLaw
”“Mr. Goodrich integrated seamlessly within the Corps team, and his participation in brainstorming and problem solving exercises was critical in overcoming challenging technical concepts. His expertise, professionalism and work ethic contributed greatly to the delivery of a quality project that met the aggressive timeline for completion. I would highly recommend Mr. Goodrich and Water Environment Consultants for other projects requiring environmental and water resources expertise.”Brian Williams, P.E.Assistant Chief of Programs and Project Management Division, US Army Corps of Engineers Charleston District
”“WEC’s assistance on the modeling project was critical to avoiding significant field data collection costs (as included in the permit) and negotiation with SCDHEC to obtain permit limits amenable to both parties. The project was executed under a tight time frame and was executed in a very professional manner. I would not hesitate to recommend Water Environment Consultants to others for projects requiring environmental and water resources consulting expertise.”Gary Alford, P. E.Former Chief Operating Officer, North Charleston Sewer District