WEC has proven experience saving our clients millions of dollars in capital and operational costs, all while protecting water quality
WEC delivers specialized services to help your team with:
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Storm Water Quantity & Quality Analysis
- Surface Water Supply & Modeling
- TMDL Modeling & review
- Wastewater Facility Process Design & Construction Permitting
• Services included field measurements for bathymetry, current velocity, and temperature as well as multiple CORMIX modeling scenarios for various outfall configurations. The project resulted in whole effluent toxicity (WET) limitations with sufficient compliance margin for the plant expansion and addressed NPDES permit limits for future expansion plans.
• Under contract with MDB Consulting Engineers, P.A, WEC completed field measurements and water quality modeling of the proposed discharge to demonstrate the project’s compliance with state water standards, potentially saving millions in project capital costs.
• WEC used the CORMIX model and revised flow to establish whole effluent toxicity limits and recommendation for a multiport diffuser system to improve mixing.
What people are saying about us
”“WEC has provided a high level of service and has consistently met our high expectations. I particularly value WEC’s technical and regulatory expertise in approaching and addressing a wide range of issues with DHEC.”Paul CalamitaChainman, AquaLaw
”“Mr. Goodrich integrated seamlessly within the Corps team, and his participation in brainstorming and problem solving exercises was critical in overcoming challenging technical concepts. His expertise, professionalism and work ethic contributed greatly to the delivery of a quality project that met the aggressive timeline for completion. I would highly recommend Mr. Goodrich and Water Environment Consultants for other projects requiring environmental and water resources expertise.”Brian Williams, P.E.Assistant Chief of Programs and Project Management Division, US Army Corps of Engineers Charleston District
”“WEC’s assistance on the modeling project was critical to avoiding significant field data collection costs (as included in the permit) and negotiation with SCDHEC to obtain permit limits amenable to both parties. The project was executed under a tight time frame and was executed in a very professional manner. I would not hesitate to recommend Water Environment Consultants to others for projects requiring environmental and water resources consulting expertise.”Gary Alford, P. E.Former Chief Operating Officer, North Charleston Sewer District