Collecting data in lakes, rivers and oceans requires expensive equipment and can be technically overwhelming.
To Succeed, you’ll need:
- Specialized engineering expertise
- Advanced field equipment
- Experienced installation and processing skill
Lacking these may put your project at risk
Gain Confidence Your Project Will Succeed
Capture the data you need
Leverage specialized expertise
Save money and stay on schedule
Trusted Partner on
Strengthen your team
Boost your reputation
WEC provides technical field data collection to support project design and permitting, including:
Water quality sampling and analysis
Continuous water level monitoring
Conductivity, temperature, depth (CTD) profiles
Sediment quality sampling and analysis (for dredging projects)
Continuous waves, currents, flow, and depth monitoring with Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers (ADCPs)
• The study included continuous water level monitoring at 13 sites within a tidal wetland for the purpose of determining hydraulic improvements of the restoration site.
• Services included measurements of in-stream velocity, bathymetry, and temperature and development of an EFDC numerical model to evaluate localized mixing within the lake. WEC provided recommendation for future NPDES limitations and reduced the biological assessment requirements performed for 316(b) compliance.
• Project included field measurements for bathymetry and current velocities, numerical modeling with EFDC, and permitting support.
• The study included 6-month deployments of an Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP) to measure tidal currents in the river and three water level gauges in the estuary. WEC also measured currents using a vessel-mounted ADCP to characterize the spatial distribution of currents beneath two bridges. The study provided high-quality, continuous current and water level measurements in the rivers over a 6-month period.
• The study included 6-month deployments of two Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers (ADCPs) that measure tidal currents in the river. WEC also measured currents using a vessel-mounted ADCP to characterize the spatial distribution of currents across the river.
• Under contract with MDB Consulting Engineers, P.A, WEC completed field measurements and water quality modeling of the proposed discharge to demonstrate the project’s compliance with state water standards, potentially saving millions in project capital costs.
• The study included high-quality, water level measurements for a period of 2-weeks.
• The data was integrated into a hydraulic model to support the City of Beaufort’s ongoing drainage improvement efforts in the Mossy Oaks neighborhood.
• The study incorporated extensive field measurements for tidal currents and vessel wave heights. WEC used the 2D SWAN model to establish extreme wave conditions at the site for a variety of storm scenarios and return periods. The project also included an assessment of sedimentation rates at the proposed dock facility to estimate future dredge maintenance needs.
• WEC conducted depth and tidal current velocity measurements to set up and calibrate a model (EFDC and CORMIX) to simulate the discharge’s thermal mixing within the Cooper River.
• The results aided in evaluating an appropriate outfall diffuser location. Through open communication and a collaborative approach, WEC provided the preliminary design of the outfall diffuser and permitting support to increase mixing and reduce the thermal impacts.
With WEC on Your Team, You Get:
For over two decades, our engineers and scientists have helped hundreds of clients
Local and International Projects
WEC uses state-of-the-art scientific and engineering tools
We’ll help you avoid unnecessary environmental impacts.
Experienced staff in monitoring tides, currents, waves & water quality
Robust Design Support
Validate your project design with high-accuracy field data
What the plan is:
Tell Us About Your Situation
We’ll discuss your project’s needs, problems, and expectations together
Our specialized experts will analyze the options and identify the right solution
Feel Relieved on the
Path to Success
You can proceed with your project, knowing we’ll solve your problem